What to do to cut down on false alarms in Akron
False alarms are an actual concern for your home’s security. Not only can they be a burden on your time and pocketbook, but they may erode the confidence you have in your alarms. Fortunately, you can do a number of things to lessen the frequency of false alarms from your Akron home security system.
First, make sure that everything is installed properly. This will probably appear to be a no-brainer, but it frequently happens that basic mistakes trigger false alarms. Secondly, watch out for potential sources of false alarms, including a back door that could be kept unsecured inadvertently. And of course, don't hesitate to integrate the many features like home automation and geotracking to cut down on false alarms in Akron.
Is it really that straightforward? Read on and see for yourself.
Numerous false alarms in Akron are avoidable
Like diagnosing any issue, the first thing to do is read the manual. Make sure all devices are connected correctly from your perspective by:
- Performing a system analysis via your smart hub touchscreen.
- Visually check each component to make sure it didn't become dislodged or need a battery change.
- Look over your scheduling to make sure that your alarms aren’t engaging at unsuitable times.
- Be certain that all integrated smart devices are configured properly and aren't disrupting your alarms.
Call your customer service agent if you still have issues cutting down false alarms in your Akron home. They'll be pleased to schedule a tech to inspect your setup.
Check your doors and windows
When your installation checks out alright, the subsequent step is to thoroughly inspect the house. Are your windows and doors shut tight, or are any accidentally open? If an access point is left open, it might activate an activated sensor. If your family routinely fails to secure a door, you can install a smart locking system that secures automatically when your system is engaged. Sadly, windows require extra physical effort, mainly if you have a family member who prefers to rest with an open window. Luckily, your Vivint alarm system makes it easy to disengage that device while still shielding the remaining areas of the property.
Home automation can be a great way to cut down on false alarms in Akron
One of the most effective methods to lessen the likelihood of false alarms is to include home automation into your security system. With your security app, you’re able to:
- Arrange a schedule to turn off the alarm when you’re on site and avert false alarms that result from absentmindedly unlatching an entry point. Then have your alarm system reactivate automatically again that evening when you’re asleep.
- Program the alarm to deactivate as your smart locking mechanism is initiated with the right number combination.
- Utilize geotracking to arm the alarm when you exit the driveway, then disarm when you arrive home for the day.
- Get cell phone notifications when your implements detect abnormal motion or require a fresh battery.
- Pair your equipment to a smart home speaker, so you can operate your system without the mobile app or your touchscreen.
Cut down on false alarms in Akron when you get a Vivint smart home system
Greater command over your property’s security equates to fewer chances of false alarms. To customize your Vivint smart home, contact (330) 632-1171 or send in the form on this page.