What should you do if your Akron home alarm system goes off?
Your home security system shields your residence – and your family members – against the various risks you may encounter, like burglary, flooding, and fire. Despite the fact that your home may be ready, that doesn’t automatically mean you are. Do you understand what to do if your Akron home alarm system goes off? The sound of an alarm is often jarring, confusing, and may incite panic. Your best bet is to stay calm and abide by these easy guidelines.
Actions to Take Whenever Your Home Alarm System In Akron Sounds
You never want to be in this situation, but it’s also the reason why you put in a home alarm system from the outset. You’re roused in the middle of the night with the distinct sounding of an alarm after a home security component has been tripped. Now what should you do?
- Don’t panic. This is simple to say but harder to accomplish when your home security alarm is blaring, and your pulse is racing. But keeping yourself calm is the optimal way to assess what is happening. Avoid the urge of trying to deal with the emergency alone and permit your monitoring agents and first responders to carry out their job.
- Attend to your loved ones. Your main focus should be your loved ones and moving them out of danger. In the event of a intrusion, this might mean going to a designated safe zone as far from points of entry as possible. The invader was in all likelihood already turned away by the alarm, but it’s always smart to be extra cautious. If there’s smoke or a fire, please exit your residence without delay.
- Remember your smartphone. Most individuals keep their cell phones with them at all times these days, but you may neglect to grab it during a crisis. Try to remember it. You’ll have the chance to stay connected with your monitoring professionals and get alerts through your home security app.
Connect With Your 24-hour Monitoring Team
Whenever your home alarm system in Akron goes off, your round-the-clock monitoring specialists will act immediately. Their first step is to verify your alarm, and that involves communicating with you. The protocol they follow depends on the type of emergency. For instance, if the emergency is is for medical reasons, a single effort will be made to contact you before first responders are deployed. If you have an intrusion - the most frequent sort of event - a monitoring agent will follow these guidelines to reach out to you:
- An effort will be made to communicate with you via the central command panel. You will generally be asked for a passcode.
- If that attempt doesn’t result in a reply, a call is made to your principal contact number.
- A secondary number or your first contact person is called next.
- If there is still no answer, area police officers are sent.
- Your monitoring specialists will attempt to reach you again once the proper authorities are contacted.
If you're not in a situation where you can converse with monitoring agents, don’t fret. Help will still be dispatched even when you're unable to substantiate the emergency.
Get protection for any emergency with a Vivint home alarm system in Akron
Stay ready for any crisis with a state-of-the-art home alarm system in Akron from Vivint. Call (330) 632-1171 to begin customizing your property’s security today.